Saturday, January 30, 2010

36 Weeks!

Week 36
We had our 36 week appointment with the OB on Thursday, January 28. Once again, everything looked great, thankfully! My blood pressure was 110/68; I lost a pound- bringing the total to 23 pounds (not to harp on the last visit, but do we really think I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks, & then lost a pound in a week?); Lily is still head down (I'm afraid she's going to flip or something); & her heart rate was good, even though I don't know exactly what it was since I was busy asking the doctor questions. I measured at 37 weeks, which was about right because on the day of the visit, I was 36 weeks & 5 days.
I had my Group B Strep test, which I'll get the results on this next visit (Tuesday, February 2). Group B Strep is an organism that women can be a carrier of; for us, it's not harmful. However, if a woman is a carrier & doesn't know it, & the organism gets passed on to the baby, the baby can have very severe consequences. The doctor explained to us that in the thousands of births that he's seen, 4 babies were infected, & of those 4, 3 died & one had severe neurological deficits (not to scare anyone). The good news is that if I am a carrier, then the only thing they need to do is administer Penicillin every 4 hours during my labor & delivery; this helps protect the baby.
For those of you wondering, no internal exam yet- this doctor said that he normally doesn't start those until 38 or 39 weeks, & I wasn't going to push him for anything. If in the future other doctors want to start internal exams, then so be it. I think that if we did find out I was dilated even a little bit, it would drive us absolutely crazy wondering when she would be coming! So, for right now, I'm still guessing that Lily will come around her due date or late; Jeff, on the other hand, is ready for her NOW.
Until next time!
Love, Ashlee, Jeff, & Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment