Sunday, February 14, 2010

38 Weeks!

We had my 38 week appointment on Wednesday, February 10 (I was 38 weeks & 4 days to be exact). Everything is still looking good! My blood pressure was 102/78, I gained a pound since the last visit (bringing the total up to 26 pounds), Lily's heart rate was in the 140s, & I measured at 37 weeks, which the doctor thought indicated that I had dropped a little since I measured at 39 weeks last visit (which I think I forgot to include on the last update). She said that she thought I would have a "good-sized baby" as she was doing her palpations on my abdomen.
For those of you a little squeamish, skip this paragraph as I'll relate my internal exam for those who are interested. I was 60% effaced (how much the cervix had "thinned"; you have to be 100% to deliver), -2 station (this relates to where Lily's head is in my pelvis; basically, her head is just beginning to be engaged in the pelvis. 0 station is the middle of the pelvis, & +2 station is when babies start to crown), & 1cm dilated!!! The doctor said that only about 30% of first-time mothers are dilated at this point, so I guess I feel lucky to be slightly ahead of the game! Not that it means anything at all as to when Lily will be here.

The doctor talked about stripping my membranes at the next appointment if we were interested. That's where the bag of water is separated from the placenta to help speed along the process of labor. I keep going back & forth as to whether or not I want to do it. I have some questions I would like to ask before we make that decision. As I've said to people who ask how I'm doing, I've had a great pregnancy, I'm not miserable, but I am so ready!
We didn't take our typical 38 week picture because we had maternity pictures done. I've included some of my favorites below.


























And finally, for those of you who want to make a weekly comparison with our typical pictures, how I look today (February 14) at 39 weeks & 1 day:
Tired, I know.
Until our next appointment, Wednesday, February 17, keep us in your thoughts & prayers. I REALLY don't want her coming late!!!
Love, Ashlee, Jeff, & Lily
































No comments:

Post a Comment