Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First doctor's appointment!!!

We had our first doctor's appointment on July 28, & I had my first ultrasound! It was so awesome to see the baby moving around, but only after the doctor prodded it a little. It was perfectly happy just laying there peacefully.

The baby's heartbeat was awesome to listen to! The average rate was 174 beats per minute, but that's normal for a little baby! Makes me tired just thinking about it. My resting heart rate has gone from 65 to 85, & who knows how much it's increased during activity! With every little thing I do, I'm completely winded! We're talking breathing with the mouth open & everything.

To explain the ultrasound pictures, I'll describe them starting at the top left, working down, & then moving over to the top right & going down: 1) A look at the baby, with legs on the left & the head on the right; 2) Same look here; 3) A little booty shot with a peak at the little feetsies; 4) Another booty/feet shot; 5) A look at the baby's head & hands, as if it was fanning out it's hands underneath it's chin; 6) The ultrasound zooming in on the heart to get a listen & measurement of the heartbeat & rate.

I'll go back to the doctor every 4 weeks, but at our next appointment, we won't get an ultrasound. They don't consider it routine, so we'll just have to wait 8 weeks to see pictures of the baby again!

Keep us in your thoughts & prayers as the baby grows & develops.

Love, Jeff, Ashlee, & Baby Register

No comments:

Post a Comment